Pro / Am Bake Off
We will once again host a “bake-off”, the “Chocolate Fantasy Challenge” as part of the Festival. This year we are seeking a “The Bigger the Better” entries, cakes prepared by the area’s best bakers. We are pleased to invite you to take a spot in the competition.
Entry is simple:
- Fill out the application below or download and mail in the application to secure your spot. There is no entry fee!
- Submit your (2) cakes to serve at least eight with chocolate and at least one additional ingredient.
- Prepare two identical cakes of that item – one for judging on Friday evening, display and sale-by-the-slice to festival goers the following day, the second for auction on Saturday afternoon.
- Entries will be submitted to a panel of six professional judges selected by festival staff. (3) for Pro (3) for Am
- Judging criteria is available to participating bakers in advance of the event.
If you are a business and want to provide us with your business cards/promotional material for handouts at the CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL… we would love to hand them out for you as our way of saying “THANK YOU!” We will also be making promotional announcements about your entry to our crowd as well.
A “Cakewalk” through the Festival crowd will introduce your entry to the hundreds of Festival attendees at the Saturday afternoon auction. What better way to receive free advertising for your talent and product!
The 2017 “Chocolate Fantasy Challenge” generated a great deal of excitement and earned $4,500 for the CCF Charities and Non-Profits. So, please be a part of it! Submit the attached application form today! Please direct questions to Carol Roop at 252-732-5190.